Archive for January, 2012
In the CES 2012, electronics majors Samsung and LG shows off the much awaited OLED TV. These TVs use organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screens which can make the screens extremely thin. It is the latest technology in the field of televisions which was in research since many years. The picture quality of OLED TV is simply awesome and can present highly saturated colors and a nearly perfect black.
It will be now interesting to see who will first launch this amazing TV. LG is believed to be launching it near the fourth quarter of this year while Samsung has still not revealed any tentative dates. But, as Samsung is already a global leader in the TV segment, it can be expected that Samsung will once again lead the market by launching it before anyone else. Though, it is also possible that LG might be playing a game by giving a tentative date and may launch it much before that to beat the Samsung’s plan. Well, that we will come to know in the days to come. So, for now let’s wait till the next big announcement comes.
SED – An upcoming Television Technology
2011 was certainly the year of ‘Gadgets’. Almost all electronic giants launched some of their best products and fascinate the world by the innovations. Below are some of the best gadgets that were launched in the year 2011:
- Samsung Galaxy S II – Galaxy S II, the phone which runs on Android 2.3 operating system is a combination of great looks and ultimate performance with 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen and dual-core 1.2 GHz processor.
- Apple iPad 2 – Apple launched its second generation iPad – the iPad 2 which is much faster than the previous one and includes front and back cameras.
- Nintendo 3DS – Nintendo launched the first gaming console that can provide the stereoscopic 3D effects without the use of 3D glasses.
- Sony PS Vita – Sony recently launched its latest PlayStation ‘Vita’, which has touch-interface with front and back cameras. It also has two knob-like joysticks and gamers can even connect over cell phone networks and Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Kindle Fire – The Kindle Fire is like an all-purpose computer than an e-reader which is the first full-color, touch-screen Kindle. You can watch movies, play games, surf web-pages and do whatever you like to do apart from reading your favorite books.
Though, all these gadgets were launched in 2011 but they will also remain popular in 2012.
Wireless Keyboard for iPad to easily surf internet